Proper nutrition forms the foundation upon which sports performance is built. Without a good nutrition program, physical and mental abilities of an athlete will decline. Everything from the level of hydration to the timing of carbohydrate intake drastically affect performance.
Sports nutrition is important for athletes of all ages, including children as young as 7 years old. Even at this age, proper nutrition helps to increase energy levels, manage weight, improve concentration, develop body composition and growth, prevent injury, and enhance recovery.
Rashmi is our Nutrition Partner, and visits each of our centres to interact with the athletes and parents. Rashmi is a Registered Dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Food & Nutrition, and a Certified Sports & Exercise Nutritionist. She has been providing nutritional counselling for almost a decade to a vast diversity of clientele seeking her expertise. She teaches amateur and professional athletes across sports like swimming, football, tennis, badminton, cycling how to have more energy, lose undesired body fat, and feel confident about their food choices.
She currently serves as the Official Sports Nutritionist for Birel Art (Italian Motorsport Org.) and is also featured as a sports nutritionist on Swim India, the biggest online portal for swimmers in India.
Rashmi also focuses on overall wellness, sports nutrition weight imbalances, lifestyle disorders, and autoimmune diseases. Her research papers have also been published in two international journals – “Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry” and “Nutritional Neuroscience”. Rashmi has also won the National Health Award for Sports Nutrition 2017. Her nutrition philosophy is one that looks at the total person. She believes “If YOU take care of your body, it will take care of you.”
Rashmi does a basic body assessment for each athlete, which will be different as per age groups:
1. 9 Years & below - Growth assessment through WHO growth charts
2. 10 Years & above - Body assessment which will include height, weight, fat and muscle %, BMI, BMR etc. through Bioimpedance machine
She has also designed programs for long-term nutrition for our athletes:
One Month Sports Nutrition Plan-
1. Body Composition Analysis (1 Analysis)
2. One consultation (60 – 75 min) where she will assess and analyse dietary practices, body composition, and energy balance (intake and expenditure) of athletes in the context of athletic performance and health.
3. One customized nutrition plan based on eating habits & schedule.
4. Parents / athlete can speak to the nutritionist over the phone (twice a month) for any queries
5. Counselling on achieving and maintaining a level of body mass, body fat, and muscle mass that is consistent with good health and good performance.
Two Months Sports Nutrition Plan-
1. Body Composition Analysis (2 Analysis)
2. One consultation (60 – 75 min) with Sports Nutritionist where she will assess and analyse dietary practices, body composition, and energy balance (intake and expenditure) of athletes in the context of athletic performance and health.
3. Next month 45 min – 1 Hour follow up consultation with the parents & athlete to review his/ her fundamental action plan & to ensure success with the nutrition chart.
4. Two customized nutrition plans based on eating habits & schedule (one chart / month)
5. Parents / athlete can speak to nutritionist over the phone (twice a month) for any queries
6. Counselling on achieving and maintaining a level of body mass, body fat, and muscle mass that is consistent with good health and good performance.
7. Counselling athletes on optimal nutrition for recovery from illness or injury.
8. Educating in food selection (grocery store tours, food storage) and food preparation
A genetic test gives insight on improving performance, strength, stamina, growth, speed, endurance, recovery by working with your body type. A complete Genetic Scan with scientifically advanced recommendations on diet, nutrition and physical activity provides you the information on what your body needs accurately to improve you in your sport. By putting these recommendations into a nutrition & training plan, you can expect to have the ideal combination of nutrients that support growth and improvement in your capabilities.